Monday, July 17, 2006

Crooks and Liars Needs to be Read


This blog came out of Crooks and Liars dot com. It is a very good site and has a huge audience. I comment there all the time. Sometimes I joke, sometimes I rant and sometimes I let off steam. I mess with the trolls, argue with rational people on both the left and right and I usually learn something.

Last night when i was not looking someone apparently insulted me. The comments were deleted. Not just the insult but the person's point. I have been told it was two people but it could have been one hundred. It does not matter to me.

I can take a verbal punch. I have had a hard but interesting life. Sometimes i get a little too sensitive but that's another story.

I can't learn from people who disagree with me if they are not allowed to speak. Think about this for a second, I Can NOT learn from people who disagree with me if they are not allowed to speak.

We live in a country where the opinions of others are "discluded" in everyday conversations. The President of the United States refuses to hear dissenting voices even though his private words are full of malice for others.

I don't want anything on this blog deleted unless someone tries to put up advertising. If you disagree with me or anyone else, say so. Your comment will stand.

You have a right to get or be pissed off with me. If you want to call me names go right ahead. I will not flinch. If you want my respect all I ask is a rational argument and I will argue with you to best of my ability. I may get angry with you or what you believe in but do not let that hold you back. If you truly believe in what you think that should not deter you.

My deepest feelings surround discourse and interaction. I do not claim to be perfect and I do not expect you to be. I refuse to censor unless the topic is way off target. If you start a dialouge here about Malibu Barbie you can expect it to be lost in the neather regions of the net.

If you have something to say this is the place.

Peace,

Mike

Torture Awareness Month
Join Us!

Join Us!

Powered by Blogger

Find a Meetup near you